Sunday, June 27, 2010

finding my way

an original UK Kodak Duaflex sent to me by my
British BFF after finding in his parent's attic!

I feel I've gone abit astray with this blog....or lack of interaction with it...lately.

I've been focusing on feeling better, I suppose, which seems to be at the center of my creative journey at present, but it's not all that creative, I'm afraid to say.

I did visit a new doctor/clinic about a week+ back & have started a new protocol that I am very hopeful will slowly start to get me back to right again. I've seen some positive results so far, in just a week's time; however, I know it won't be a quick fix & hope in the next 1-3 months I will consider myself closer to 100%. Perhaps I'll write alittle more indepth about it as I embark on it further.

gorgeous weathered bench at Royer's in Round Top, TX

That said, even in this first week, I've already spent time on both weekends dipping back into artwork, which feels nice. But also frustrating! The ideas/inspiration are hiding from me, so all I've managed to accomplish thus far are the basics of preparing some boxes--gessoing my little heart out in hopes that as inspiration strikes, I will have "canvases" ready to go! Today will be a bit of re-org to get things alittle more creation-friendly. Although I'm sure as most artists will recognize, keeping a studio "clean" is an impossible endeavor.


I am currently taking Kelly Rae Robert's e-course, but I have to admit that as with many of my other e-course endeavors, I am not very "connected" to it. I am, however, printing out as I go along so that I will have it as a constant resource to consult offline and even after it's complete. I would like to sign up for Claudine Hellmuth's 12 week creative course as well, but I'm a bit gun shy given the disappointment (in myself) of the last several I've taken. It's calling to me, but they all do in the beginning. Yet, I suppose I've taken something away from each of them, even if not one in particular changed my life, so to speak.

xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. lovely metal bench from round top!! i want to go there so bad!

    happy week to you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete