Friday, December 31, 2010

prosperity*

Last year, with Unravelling, I set a word for the year...an intention with which to live. For 2010 it was "visibility"...both to be seen & to see clearly. I think I accomplished this in some ways, if not exactly in the ways I anticipated.

I de-lurked on most of the blogs I rely on daily to get me through the 9-5 grind by commenting regularly. I Facebook "friended" many online folks (mostly from aforementioned Unravelling) and got to know them better & let them alittle closer into my world. I added more contacts on Flickr & joined in on a few online groups/classes. Plus I tried to be more real & consistent on this blog, even though I question often why I have this silly thing. As for the seeing clearly part...well there was definitely some of that, although nothing that was knock-you-over-the-head EUREKA! kinda stuff, but good nuggets that helped me climb up a bit. I hope to continue letting visibility guide me into another year as well.

But with a new year comes a new view...a new mission, if you will. This year my intention, my word, is PROSPERITY...yes, in big capital letters please!

*Prosperity: a successful, thriving or flourishing condition. (ahhhh, it just makes me feel full when I read that)

I think often times we associate prosperity with financial success. And that is definitely part of my intention (throw me a bone here too Universe). I am choosing this word for more encompassing reasons. I also want to draw prosperity into my life for health, heart & my pending pursuits. I want to put my chronic fatigue behind me. I want to heal my heart-wounds & approach life more wholeheartedly. I want to dive head first into starting my dog training business & kick up some dust with my art & writing, so I can escape the cube once & for all. I want to set fear aside, so I can thrive, succeed & flourish for a change.

I'm staring down the barrel at 40 this July. The thing is, I'm not freaking out or ashamed or dreading it at all because I can feel that thing I've heard so many before me say...that this stage in life brings you to who you're meant to be. I've felt it brewing already and I can feel in my bones every step I take these days...the growing pains have already started, but they're good, like soreness after a really good workout. I have been living at 75% for too many years now & it's definitely time to prosper!

xoxo!

5 comments:

  1. :) Good for you, I think this is best post you have ever written lady. I can see you prosper, this post is the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel...feeling infinitely more positive lately and ready for good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may not think your blog is important now, but in years to come it makes for a great diary to see where you've been, not just where you're going! Have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hellz yes, I love this. I love everything about what you accomplished last year, and what you have planned for this coming year. And I especially love the picture with you sticking out your tongue -- such joy and strength! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Viv...thanks for stopping by & yes, I'm sure in the long run, I'll be glad to have this record.

    Shan...thank you! It's funny, all of these pictures were taken before some life events brought me down. I'm ready to get back up now though.

    ReplyDelete