Saturday, February 13, 2010

is there a point?

I'm starting to wonder what the point of this here blog is anyway. I haven't been keeping up with it as much as I'd like...partly from not having anything positive to say most days & partly from not having anything particularly creative to share.

I get blasts of inspiration, not just for the blog but life, and then I sorta settle back into my routine of not doing anything about it. It's interesting because even though I do think I'm feeling more steadily energized and a bit more mentally positive, the rut that I've become accustomed to through 2+ years of sustained lethargy is tough to snap out of even now that I feel capable of snapping. I'm sure like anything, it'll take time to re-establish routines, re-nurture a creative schedule, and re-learn what productivity means to me. I'm just so damn impatient.

Anywhoooo, I am enjoying my e-writing class. It's HARD though! But it seems to be satisfying my creative yearnings for the time being, even if it means I'm still not making any new art which means not getting closer to opening an Etsy shop. But all in good time, right? Hmmph, fine!

xoxo!

5 comments:

  1. Don't give up. I went through a non-blogging phase and then the clouds opened up and I started making blogging friends and that helped. Glad you are liking the writing class. It feels good to be among a bunch of writers. Have a creative day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with diana. blog what you feel like, sad, happy, silly. i actually find blogging about the pitfalls is more therapeutic than blogging about the highs.
    have to think about if its a personal blog or an inspirational blog but i have since merged both ideas. its whatever you want to do.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see what your pictorial mental notes look like.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any news to share with us? What have you been up to? Everything going ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey anonymous...thanks for checking in. Been a bit scattered lately, so haven't been in a posting frame of mind. Haven't given it up yet, so stay tuned (whoever you are!) :)

    ReplyDelete